The Catalyst Academy is opening offsite in the fall of 2014. They will serve a minimum of 40 students 7th through 12th grade.
Mission: Success for ALL students.
Vision: Catalyst Academy will provide a caring non-traditional learning community which offers opportunities for students to become productive and responsible lifelong learners.
Catalyst Academy will:
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment grounded in personal choice and a sense of belonging.
- Engage students in the achievement process and develop life long learners.
- Serve diverse student needs as well as the families and communities from which they come.
- Deliver an innovative, relevant, and challenging curriculum.
- Implement Personalized Growth Plans tailored to students’ individual needs to ensure college and career readiness.
- Sustain community and family partnerships to facilitate support for students throughout the learning process.
The instructional model for students enrolled in Catalyst will be implemented with Personal Growth Plans that incorporate components from each of the following categories.
- Academic: Allowing students to reach their academic potential with a combination of online and traditional learning options while still meeting the district guidelines for achievement.
- Personal Growth: Students will develop personal growth goals related to their academic, emotional, and physical health.
- Experiential Learning: Students will participate in career exploration and personal experience in the community through volunteering, team building activities, job shadowing, and even work experience.